Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Heavenly Peace


The older I get,
the more I enjoy the week following Christmas. 

The hustle and bustle is over.  The crazy crowds are beginning to die down. The parties have ended (at least until New Year's Eve!) and the guests are packed up to go home.  While some rush to pack away Christmas and move on, at our home, this is our time to cozy up on the sofa, turn on the lights, pour ourselves a steaming cup of coffee or brew a pot of tea and savor the seasonal splendors.

Do yourself a favor ~ don't rush through the season just because the day has come and gone.  This is the time to enjoy all of the things that you were too busy to get around to while you were preparing.  Watch those holiday DVDs that you skimmed through while cooking or wrapping.  Turn off the lights and plug in the tree lights and read a good book or leaf through a holiday magazine {let your mind file away ideas for NEXT year!)  Curl up with your sweetie and children and reflect on special holiday moments that you want to be sure to remember. 

This is the time to reflect, enjoy and relax as we move into a new year. 

So tonight, I plan to enjoy my Christmas decor {just a little longer!}, curl up with my favorite guys {my husband and son!}, have a warm mug of cocoa in front of my newest love!  One of my favorite presents!! 


and savor the Christmas season ~ just a little bit more :)

5 comments:

  1. Wise thoughts for sure. <3 I need to slow down and savor more after the holidays. Thank you. And your warm and cozy gift looks perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! I am so glad I'm not the only one who refuses to box Christmas up early. I leave decorations up at least till after the New Year. Christmas truly is all in the heart, and I tend to keep the outward beauty going as long as I can. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy! You're so right about not getting all fizzled up and enjoying what Christmas is all about! I've tried to do that too this year! Thank you for popping in to see me and Happy New Year!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, so glad you received the little stove heater. They are so darling!

    No time to relax here but getting so much done. I am so thankful for the energy God has provided to both Ron and myself. Our house is looking great thanks to all our hard work.

    Wishing you the very best in 2012.

    Hugs,Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about you. Hope you received my email.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!