Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer {safety} Essentials


Schools out
and
Summer is just about to officially kick off!

A couple of important safety things that I think are worth mentioning...

Sunscreen!

We all know we should be using it...
So don't forget to slather it on yourself
and the kids every time you're outdoors.

I love the Neutrogena spray for my son {photo above}!
It's waterproof, sweatproof, and goof proof!
Just spray and go!

The other summer essential for us...
an on-the-go First Aid kit!


I love my little kit that was made by etsy seller, Pillow Sew Cute.
It's called - what else - but the
Ouch Pouch :)


Just fill this handy (and adorable) see-through pouch with all of your first aid essentials...

Don't have an Ouch Pouch?!
You can easily make your own little toteable first aid kit using any little bag or pouch
(a zip top makeup bag would work great or even just a plastic ziplock bag).

Some ideas to fill your own kit:

:: Sunblock ::
:: Insect Repellent ::
:: Bandages ::
:: Neosporin ::
:: Medications (Allergy, pain reliever, diabetes, etc...) ::
 :: Inhaler ::
:: Travel-size tissues ::
:: Thermometer ::
:: Antiseptic wipes ::
:: Burn ointment ::
:: Sanitizing hand gel ::
:: Sunprotecting Chapstick ::
:: Tweezers (for splinters!) ::

and don't forget the lollipop to soothe the pain!  :)



They come in a variety of sizes and you can choose your fabric pattern.

I choose a cute, kid-friendly hiking print called Happy Trails Camping.


I love that I have a handy little kit to drop in my bag or suitcase and go!

Summer fun should be(or at least seem) effortless!
And we don't want anyone's good time to be ruined by a scape, burn, cut or splinter!

If you're like us,
you'll be spending a lot of time outside this summer,
on the road, or on the go.

Simply toss one of these 
portable first aid kits
in your bag
and you're ready for anything...
camping, hiking, fishing, biking,
swimming, vacations, road trips, etc...

Make the most of every blessed, joy-filled summer moment!
And be safe while doing all of your favorite activities!!

Lazy summer days, fishing lakeside :)

The fun part about ordering an Ouch Pouch
is that once a week she holds a drawing from her orders...

the lucky winner gets their pouch delivered
already filled with first aid essentials!

(I should know - I was one of the lucky winners!!)


Have a fun and safe summer!

This post is part of Tutorial Tuesdays
on Hopestudios.blogspot.com

and Monday Playdate
on http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com

and Tip Me Tuesday
on Tip Junkie

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea. I Love it Judy! One of my kids is going to be working at a summer camp two weeks this summer. I think it is a perfect idea for me to do for her!! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, one we should all heed!
    Would you be willing to link this up to our weekly Playdate at http://beneaththerowantree.blogspot.com/2011/06/playdate-link-party-in-summer-12.html ?

    Cheers,
    Lori
    Come & Play :: Playdate
    www.beneaththerowantree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea, I know I've been at the park and think, hmmmm...should've put some sunscreen on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I am going to make a few of these and put in each car. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for being the winner...LOVE that! :) These are such a smart and adorable idea. I've always used an boring, plastic pencil box. I need to upgrade to this cuteness. ;) The name is my favorite part...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing I would add would be "sting relief." You can get it in the camping section at any walmart. It works fast and is worth keeping in every car, bag, etc. Or an epi-pen if allergic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to win one of these...I am a Home Based Childcare Educarer and my care kids (day care) would benefit from this greatly. I am a big person for being prepared. Hats (sunhats and wooly hats), 1st aid kit, floro vests, fire extinquisher, tow rope, glow sticks, sunblock, are always in my car for outings but something this small for my purse would be WONDERFUL. Do you ship to New Zealand?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this idea! Just wanted you to know it was featured on our site today: http://www.thedatingdivas.com/food/101-camping-tips-ideas/ Thanks so much for sharing!!! XOXO, The Dating Divas

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. Thank You so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!