Sunday, December 20, 2009

Candy Canes & Christmas Scenes




Christmas is nearly here!  
 So over the next few days, I thought I'd show you a few of my holiday decorations around the house...


Above is my candy cane holder.  
 It's a fun and cute way to display the sweet treats, and invites holiday guests to take one as a parting favor. Who could resist?!?

Below is a little scene in my kitchen...





The little shelf holds a snowman cookie jar, a set of Spode St. Nick dessert plates, and a pair of charming, jumbo nordic mugs ~ perfect for hot cocoa!



Above is my dining room.  

In it, I have two trees - one is my "sweet tree" filled with gingerbread cookie ornaments, candy canes, ribbon candy, lollipops, candy snowflakes, cookies, and assorted candies -









and the other tree is a smaller, tabletop tree filled with silver bells, red and silver glass balls, and small cookie ornaments.





And my little Byers' Choice Bakerkins Elves sit atop my buffet...









In my dining room hutch is my Christmas village.  I adore lighted village scenes for fall and Christmas ~ looking at the glowing lights of the little shops and houses all aglow in a blanket of snow.  Below you can see closeups of a few of the buildings.  I have quite a collection  so I switch them up a little each year. This year is my "Main Street" view, with tiny shops and townspeople, a village church with carolers, a skating pond on a hillside, an animated toy shop that plays music and has a revolving train, and a theater with animated Nutcracker ballet dancers!





Hope you enjoyed the tour so far! 
I have A LOT more to show you so stop back soon!


10 comments:

  1. soooo festive and pretty! love the Santa plates! have a merry merry Christmas Judy!
    paula:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, can I come to your house? It is way better than mine! All I can think about when I am unpacking all the Christmas stuff is that in a few short weeks I am going to have to pack it all back up. I guess that makes me a grinch! Beautiful pictures. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really live up to your blog name! I love all of your pretty decorations! Enjoy the holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Judy it looks so pretty. I have to tell you something caught my eye and it is the jar in your dinning room by your village with the candy canes. I collect old mason jars so that caught my eye right of way.

    I love the candy cane holder and that is so pretty for all to take a candy cane as they leave your house. What a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, especially the little village! I love the "sweet tree"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it!

    I sent you a little gift, a subscription to Tea Time magazine. I think you will really enjoy this sweet treat.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, as always. I also like the candy cane holder and that jar with the candy canes caught my eye as well. Love it. Have a very Merry Christmas. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone!

    Catherine and Anne - that jar came from a flea market. Something about it was just very unusual to me...very old-fashioned.

    Terri, THANK YOU! I'm so excited! How sweet of you to think of me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed with your gingerbread house skills. Mine always look like a toddler made them. Ah ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was SO fun to see! Your dining room picture looks like a COZY magazine photo. ;) And I want a candy cane holder!...super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!