Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thanksgiving Centerpiece


What do you do for a Thanksgiving Centerpiece?  


Throughout the years, I've done all sorts of things - a cornucopia basket (which I can't find anywhere for the life of me!) of flowers, autumn leaves and wheat...


I made two wheat sheaves (below) several years ago that flank either side of my buffet table every fall)...



I've seen some really gorgeous centerpieces searching around online, and of course - Martha Stewart always has some excellent ideas.  Her kids table with the Mayflower boat of fruit and nuts and a map tablecloth was beyond cute!   I love her grape centerpiece idea, too; it's not only lovely, but functional.

Speaking of adorable tablescapes, Lisa @ Moore Minutes featured her 2009 Thanksgiving table in a post on her blog yesterday, along with her version of Martha's Mayflower boat for the kids' table!  You simply MUST check it out!  She did an outstanding job! (as usual!!) 

I'd love to hear some of the things you've decorated your Thanksgiving tabletop with over the years! 

My 2009 Thanksgiving Table

4 comments:

  1. I love your centerpiece in the picture. As for me I am very plain and simple and the only centerpiece we have is the food nothing else. Guess you could say I am boring, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your idea of putting the wheat sheaves on either side of the table. That sounds so pretty. And Judy...you always know how to make me feel super special. :) Thank you for this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable centerpiece! One of my favorites is to hollow out a small pumpkin and fill it with fresh autumal flowers. Ashley did this for me once and it was gorgeous. Last year she tied on green and orange tulle on a small pie pumpkin and wrote an "S" on it with a gold pen. That was really pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wheat bundle! Just what I'm looking for to use as a centerpiece at our rustic, barn wedding next Autumn!

    Cheers and thanks for the inspiration,

    *Heather*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I love hearing from you!